The first president was Fred F. Wiehl, followed by Adolph S. Ochs who presided from 1886 to 1889. Mr. Ochs later went on to become one of the great legends in the newspaper publishing field first as publisher of The Chattanooga Times, and later of The New York Times. Our third president was Colonel A. M. Johnson, who shortly after the Civil War had bought extensive land holdings at the foot of historic Lookout Mountain. In 1886 he divided his farm into residential and commercial lots and called his proposed town "St. Elmo" after a popular novel of the day. The Company's headquarters and production facility were moved onto one of the larger commercial lots where it is still located today. It was not until 1891 that Zeboim Cartter Patten became President of the Company. In 1895, nephews of Zeboim Cartter Patten, John A. Patten, who joined the Company in 1884, and his brother Zeboim Charles Patten, acquired all outstanding shares of The Chattanooga Medicine Company. John A. Patten then served as President until his death in 1916.